Sunday 3 October 2010

Moving day

Yesterday was moving day for the chickens. Yet again family membrs were drafted in to help.

We moved the girls coop to another patch of garden and the attached run has now been filled with bark in an effort to give them some dry space as my garden is fast becoming its annual winter bog.

The girls made a bit of a fuss at first but then seemed quite happy and were merrily scrathcing away in the bark looking for the corn I thew in.

When I got up to let them out this morning they rushed straightout so I assume they are pleased with the new location and home improvements!

As I write they seem somewhat bemused by the new feature of being able to be outside and not wet and are currently running backwards and forwards between the sheltered bit of run ( Roof covered with plastic) and the non sheltered bit. I'm sure they'll work it out

No comments:

Post a Comment